Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Mold, Farm Dinners and A Coyote

You know the saying, when it rains it pours? I know where that saying originated! If you remember a while ago it rained, and poured and the basement flooded. Hubby and I have been working on taking the carpet out because it just wasnt drying. We thought (and hoped) it would solve our basement issues. Then came the mold. Hubby went to get something out of the closet, and his jacket was covered in mold. Then there were moldy pillows, and shoes, and baskets...ulgh. Our insurance specifically does not cover mold I was told. I have put a call in to some mold companies to give us an estimate on how much it will be to fix it. I am sure it will be a lot so we are bracing ourselves. In the not so direct sense of it rains and pours- we also need to get both trucks fixed, and hubby needs new tires... I think we will be penny pinching for a while.





On the frugal note, we got all our chickens back from the butcher. Yum! We shared one with a friend yesterday, complete with potatoes and a salad from the garden! Tonights dinner is chicken, with garden zuccini and squash. This is a perfect time to be penny pinching, as our garden is just starting to deliver its goods.





While at work on sat, I got a message from Hubby. Something like this- "the neighbor just said he saw the biggest coyote he had ever seen on our property". Perfect... when I got home hubby was all geared up to go hunt for a coyote. He didnt see it (which is a good thing). All we need is a coyote to get our livestock. I thought I would share some pics of hubby dressed for the hunt.





No comments:

Post a Comment