Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Apologies





















SORRY! I didnt mean to be away from the blog for so long. I can come up with a million excuses, but I wont list them here. Please accept my apologies for being away.









This morning was a WW meeting. I thought it wouldnt be good news, but I was down 1.4lbs! Pretty exciting...









Yesterday hubby found one of the banty (mini) hens with eight chicks. EIGHT! We had thought she had got eaten or killed somehow because she had been missing for a while. Turns out she was missing because she was hiding, sitting on her eggs. We caught mama and all the chicks and they are now in a chick safe pen. At night, they all huddle under mama. Not like they need the warmth as it is super super hot here....The mama hen is little to begin with and its fun to watch her try to spread out to cover all the chicks. They all have different colors, and we are looking forward to seeing how they grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment