Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

A Birthday Celebration and some thrifty finds















It seems like I am always a day late and a dollar short...but, I wanted to say that yesterday was my amazing hubby's birthday! We celebrated by going out to dinner at Outback (totally not WW I know). He opened a present before leaving for work, more presents from his family at dinner, and my presents after the nightly chores. One of the reasons I love him so much is his willingness to help anyone, anytime. Last night while doing chores, we noticed that Alden (the sheep) was limping. Hubby was able to pin him down, clean off his hooves and administer hoof medicine. I dont think he expected to get down and dirty with a sheep on his birthday. Hubby also had to crawl in the chick pen to rescue a baby chick caught in the chicken wire. Happy Birthday! Ha! The rest of the evening was spent relaxing (watching one of his new dvds). We are having a birthday party for him tomorrow so the celebration will continue.





While in town, waiting for the birthday boy to get off work, I stopped by the Habitat for Humanity Restore. Love that place! I found an old screen door, and took it home with me. Somedays its dangerous that I have a truck. I swung by the antique store and picked up some chippy pots, a hanging basket, and some magazines (for $1). I also took a load of wet smelly carpet to the dump (all on my own thank you very much). I was quite a sight trying to get the heavy carpet out of my truck all alone...haha. One of hubby's friends is moving back to texas today, and yesterday he gave us his propane grill, complete with 2 propane tanks, grill accessories and some things for the garden. The military only allows you a certain weight to move, and his house was overweight. So we scored a bunch of free stuff! Not too bad for a birthday!

Now I am organizing the house, before I run off to work. Tomorrow I work unitil 1230, and the party starts at 2...yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment