Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Knitting and Nascar


This past weekend Hubby and I were able to get away to Lancaster PA with some friends. We left early saturday morning, did some antiquing on the way up there and met friends for lunch. We visited the Landis Valley Museum, where I was inspired by the gardens and old buildings. I took pictures of the hog pen, the fleeces drying and the bread ovens. Now we just have to figure out how to incorporate the ideas into Victory Garden Farm.



We spent the afternoon, evening and night in a cabin by a pond. The pond provided fishing spots for the "men" and relaxing grassy slopes for us girls. Hubby and I enjoyed swimming in the pond while our friends took the kids up to be bathed. It was a perfect combination of relaxation and shopping. Sunday Hubby got up early to get more fishing under his belt (it was all catch and release). We then got on the road once again to head up to the Pocono Raceway for a NASCAR race. Not exactly my cup of tea, but I think Hubby liked it, and thats what matters. One of our friends got him tickets for his birthday. I enjoyed knitting and people watching! We left early as the weather was iffy and we had a long drive home.


We are now caught up from the weekend and settling back into the routine here. I personally am loving that each day brings us closer to fall. Already the lightning bugs are not making as frequent appearances as in June. We have been able to turn the ac off a few times. I long for the days when I can throw the windows open. When we fall asleep under quilts, with a chill in the air. Tomorrow Hubby is turning in my check for a table at a craft fair on Fort Detrick. Its time to start seriously knitting. Time to start planning for Christmas presents. I guarantee that my needles will be flying and strings of yarn will be turning into hats, mittens and other items. I love this time of year, and I hope the days slow down so I can enjoy and cherish them.


No comments:

Post a Comment