Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Everything Pumpkin


My supply of 20 pumpkins from a neighboring farm is slowly dwindling. I feel like everywhere I turn there is something pumpkin. Not that I mind... I use what i can, save what I can, and the rest goes to the pigs. They eat the skin and stringy meat that i cant use.


I finished up the last round of pumpkin butter last night. That left me with 10 remaining pumpkins. I plan on pureeing the rest and freezing it for future use. To use up some of the puree, I did make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars from this awesome website. http://tutti-dolci.com/2011/10/19/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-bars/. You will notice in the picture I just couldnt wait to sample it. We will say its in the name of quality control. As I type I have pumpkins baking in the oven and seeds drying on the counter. When I am done baking the pumpkins, I will roast the seeds for a healthy snack.

I think it is safe to say that we will be set on the pumpkin supply...Good think we love pumpkin!

2 comments:

  1. i read that pumpkin doesn't freeze very well. heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the pumpkin bars! They freeze wonderfully! Thanks for your encouragement :).

    ReplyDelete