Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Where Hubby Learns to Spin




As we have been having cold, nasty weather lately, we have been inside most evenings. I have been either spinning or knitting and hubby...well he sits. I am always saying he needs to learn to knit. He settled for learning how to spin (maybe knitting is too feminine?). We made our second trip in one week to the Mannings. Hubby bought some pre-drafted pencil roving. I have plenty of spindles at the house so we didnt need to invest too much money into this new hobby. I figured whether or not he likes it, we arent out anything. Last night hubby had his first spinning lesson and caught on quickly. Considering how the roving is already drafted and pencil thin, he was able to focus on the spinning with the spindle part. Next time we will work on drafting, if he likes it enough to continue. I made it very clear that I am not sharing my stash. I consider myself a nice person. Just not that nice.

(my loot from the Mannings trip 2)


PS We stopped in at one of my other favorite yarn shops- the Lancaster Yarn Shop and got yet more awesome yarn...

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of buying roving already drafted. I can see where that would make it easier to learn in phases. Hopefully he will like it so you have more yarn to knit.

    ReplyDelete