Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Fridge in process






As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am really trying to spruce up the house without shelling out a lot of dough. The kitchen was remodeled most of the way last year. There are still little things that need to be done, and I am working on finishing it completely. Not that the fridge needed a new look, but I was bored, had a can of chalkboard paint and need I say more? Hubby never knows what he is going to come home to! muwahahaha....
I should be doing laundry, cleaning, and all other sorts of wifely duties while hubby is at work. Instead I am making mess after mess with my new "projects". Yesterday hubby came home to the fridge in the middle of the kitchen. Today the fridge is back in its place, but there is a mirror I am in process of painting, drying on the kitchen floor.
We painted the fridge with 2 coats of chalkboard paint. Check out the difference in between coat 1 and 2. Now it needs to wait 3 days to cure. On the 3rd day we will rub chalk all over it, so that the fridge is "white" again. Then it can be wiped down and used as a real life chalkboard. wahoo! All I can say is that if I write the grocery list on the fridge I wont need to include eggs- I am proud to announce that we are back to getting 3 eggs a day. keep it up ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment