Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

How I save Mulah$$


I thought I would share my awesome deal from today with ya'll.  I stopped by Safeway after work today just for some pizza crust.  We have a small amount of fresh veggies from our garden, as well as sauce and cheese.  I thought I would make a from the garden veggie pizza and didnt have time to make home made pizza crust. Anyways, I digress... so I stopped by Safeway, and took my coupon binder in just in case.  Weellllll... they had 4 packs of yoplait greek yogurt for 1/2 half off (blueberry only).  Instead of $3.29 which would be the normal price, they were marked down to $164.50.  I had a $.75 coupon.  I figured I would pay $.90 cents each.  Not bad... wait for it...it get's better... Safeway doubles coupons $.99 and under.  Who knew?  Ends up that my 4 pack of yogurt was $.14 cents.  Wahoo!  Now thats a way to save.  My bill came out to $10.40 and included 3 4packs of yogurt, 2 iced coffees (ill come back to them later) and 2 packs of pizza dough.  This was less than my lunch bill and will last way longer than just one meal.  I figure we can get at least 2 meals from the pizzas.  The iced coffees save money because a) I had a coupon for them and b) they keep me satisfied so I dont have to buy a $5 frappacino.  In the afternoons I tend to crave something cold and coffee-y.  Starbucks frappacino light is my go to drink but at $5 a pop it has a hefty price tag.  These international delight coffee drinks are a half gallon for $3.99.  I had a $1.00 coupon so I paid $2.99 for a half gallon.  That will last me quite a while.  Starbucks beware (or at least send me coupons so I can afford your coffee).  Sadly the only things I didnt have a coupon for was the pizza crust (which was the one thing I actually needed), but never fear- they were on sale 2/$4.  So technically everything I got was on sale, or at $.14 nearly free.  If only every grocery trip was this mulah saving!
  P.S. You know how the register prints out more coupons?  Yup.. another one for the coffee drinks.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment