Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dave Ramsey Style

Living as a single girl is tough.  Starting over from scratch is tough.  Its especially tough when it comes to finances.  Right now I am living at home and working odd jobs.  My income is unpredictable and I hope to remedy this soon.  I like regiments.  I like planning and budgeting.  It is tough to not be able to budget right now.  Please don't get me wrong, I am not spending all my money simply because I don't have bills.  Before buying our house, Tim and I had paid down all our debt and gone to a cash only system.  It worked great- because I knew what each bill would be and I could plan for it.  While I am blessed to be able to live with my parents, I have to remember to be careful with the income I do get.  I am wanting to go back on a cash diet as I am terrified of getting back into credit card debt.  My goal is to come up with a Dave Ramsey style budget system that I can tweak to my unique situation.  On Saturday I am taking my truck in for brake work.  I hope to pay cash for this repair and any future repairs.  Once I come up with a system I will post it so that I can be held accountable.  For those of you unfamiliar with Dave Ramsey, I highly recommend his book and classes. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica
    I think you are being very brave to share these less than rosy red and fun times with us. I enjoy your blog a great deal and I can't wait to hear what adventures this new chapter of your life will bring. Keep blogging and working your way to a better life :)

    ReplyDelete