Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Granola Recipe


I got this recipe from my friend via an email, and I feel its ok to share, since it is just a base recipe and I have no real original source.  I have included her original recipe below.  I used cashews (it was all I had on me and I wasn't going to go to the store for a different nut).  Instead of all raisins, I did half craisins and half raisins.  Talk about yum!  Come time to bake it, I spread it out on 3 cookie sheets so that everything would turn crispy.  Oh and I doubled the recipe...

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In one bowl, dry ingredients:
3c oats
1/2c roughly chopped nuts 
1/2c raisins 
1/2c wheatgerm (oat bran works here too, or you could skip this)
1/4c powdered milk
1/4c unsweetened shredded coconut
Stir with fork or clean hands

Another bowl (microwaveable), or pot:
1Tbsp honey
1/2c brown sugar
1/4c butter
1/4c H2O

Heat up all these last ingredients till all is melted, stir, then pour over dry ingredients and mix well. Spread out on cookie sheet and put in oven. I check on things every 5-10 minutes, stirring as needed. The edges cook faster so I bring that stuff to the middle, you know mixing it. Usually takes 15-20 minutes. Cool completely before putting in a jar. If its still warm and you close the jar, the granola won't be crunchy.

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment