Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Homemade Pumpkin Ravioli

I have been spending a lot of time lately reading blogs about homesteading, homemaking and being frugal. One of my favorite blogs is Down to Earth by Rhonda Hetzel. I was catching up on back posts and came across a recipe for pumpkin ravioli. Not having any dinner plans, I decided I would try my hand at pasta making (without a pasta machine or attachment). Instead of a pumpkin, I used butternut squash. These turned out great! I did make one huge mistake with the dough. The recipe said to let the dough sit for 30 minutes before kneading. I let it sit alright, but then completely forgot to knead it. Ha! Come time to roll out the dough I couldn't figure out why it was so sticky. Next time I will knead the dough and maybe it will be a little less dense. Regardless, the ravioli was great and the filling to die for! I had extra filling, which I combined with some heavy cream to make a sauce.









I will definitely be trying my hand at this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment