Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

DIY Dog Food Bowl Chairs

We have two big dogs who eat a lot! They each have their own bowl and space in the kitchen. Sounds good right? Only problem is that the bowls "travel" through the kitchen when Whiskey pushes them making sure all the food has been devoured. I am constantly tripping or kicking the bowls and was extremely frustrated. I tried feeding them in other rooms, but the bowls still got under foot. So I turned to Pinterest to solve the problem. I bought two mismatched chairs from Craigslist for $10. I painted them yellow to match the other accents in the house. While Hubby was at work, I got out his jigsaw and cut holes in each of the chair's seats. I had to keep cutting as my hole had to be big enough for the food bowls. I realized a bit too late that I should have done all this outside, as my living room was then covered in a thin layer of dust. Oh well, now I know for next time. Each dog now has a specific "chair bowl" as we had to shorten the legs on Whiskey's chair. It took them a few meals to get used to the new eating areas but now they know exactly where to go. I love how their bowls look right at home in the house, even if they do look like "potty chairs" as one of my Aunts commented...


3 comments:

  1. Jessica, how unique!What good ideas you come up with. Your mind must be constantly thinking of problems to solve. I am proud of you...except for the "one" idea and you know what that is. :)
    Grrrmammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Grammy! Most of the inspiration comes from Pinterest...I think we have a pretty creative family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice idea! And, you could still use them as chairs if you put a removable cover over the seats. That way you could disguise the dog bowls between meals. Oh, and congrats on the Goodwill score! Thrift shops are such fun.

    Stringmaker

    ReplyDelete