Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Healthy Cookies

I was browsing on Pinterest recently (seems to be a reoccurring incident) and Hubby came by.  He noticed a cookie recipe on the page and mentioned he would like to try those.  The recipe used only bananas and oats.  It also mentioned you could add chocolate chips.  So when I was at Safeway this week I picked up some reduced bananas (did you know you can buy "almost mushy" bananas for a discounted price?).  I peeled 4 mushy bananas and mashed them up.  I then added 2 cups oats, 1 cup coconut and 1 cup chocolate chips.  Bake that for 15 minutes in a 350 oven and wa-la! cookies!  healthy cookies at that.  They have a banana-y taste but yet satisfy that "i-need-a-cookie" craving.  Hubby gave them a thumbs up.  We will be making this again for sure.  I might even make them with the kids.  J loves helping in the kitchen and Goober loves bananas.  I would probably leave out the chips for Goober.  I texted my mom and turns out she had already discovered and tried this recipe!  So simple, yummy and (mostly) healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment