Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hidden storage

 
Storage is always an important feature in a home.  The house we are renting has funky storage.  There is lots of room for hanging clothes, but not much room or shelves for linens, a vacuum, or craft supplies.  Since we are renting we don't want to invest money (nor do I know if we would be allowed to) in putting up shelves or changing up a closet.  Not one to turn down a challenge, I started thinking of how we could store items like my sewing machine for example.  One day it just clicked.  In the living room, instead of using an end table we have a stack of old suitcases.  Empty suitcases.  Why not fill them? So that's exactly what I did!  The sewing machine now lives in the round blue hat box.  All my fabric and sewing equipment lives in the other two suitcases.  Hopefully someday I will be able to have a craft room where my sewing machine won't have to be banished to a suitcase.  But for now, it works perfectly.  And I didn't have to spend a dime, or worry about filling holes in the wall when we move!  Check back tomorrow for the history of the cute little tray on top of the suitcases...

No comments:

Post a Comment